Young Saver Account
Helping children to manage their money wisely
We're delighted to offer this improved Young Saver account especially designed to encourage sensible saving from an early age. With our generous interest rates and long-term advantages, young people learn the benefits of financial management while saving for a brighter future. PLUS we give away a free gift for every new account, according to the age of the young saver.
- Accounts can be opened from just £10 (max. £25,000)
- Excellent variable interest rate on the entire balance.
- Interest calculated daily and paid annually on 31st March
- Make as many withdrawals as you like
- Handy passbook to keep track of how your money grows
- Superb free gift according to the age of the young saver
- Apply in branch or by post
- Designed for children to manage their own savings and for parents, friends and family to save for a child's future
For children who are under the age of 7, the account must be opened in their name but operated by an adult. Once the child reaches their 7th Birthday, they will have sole control of the account and will be the only person permitted to make withdrawals.
Children aged 15 or under do not usually have to pay tax on the interest earned in their Young Saver Account. However, certain exemptions and conditions apply, as shown in the account opening pack.
This account is not open to investment by Trustees.
Minimum balance of £10 must be maintained during the first 12 months; the account may not be closed during this period.
Limited to one Young Saver account per member.
When you, the account holder, are nearing your 23rd Birthday, we will transfer your savings to our Home Saver account. PLUS if you have held your Young Saver account for 3 years or more, you may be eligible for preferential terms on your first Holmesdale mortgage, subject to mortgage Terms & Conditions.
- An additional 0.25% discount off any discounted mortgage product for the term of the discount period.
- Valuation fee paid up to £250.
Claim your superb Free Gift!
Under 7 Years
Wooden money box with cute Holmesdale squirrel and secret sliding 'nut' lock (styles may vary). The wooden money box made with timber from sustainable forests is a great way to save all the coins to deposit in your Young Saver account!
7 to 17 Years
Chic, handmade 'Coin Classic' wallet. A classic bi-fold design with nickel plated rivets and a zip pocket for change. Carry your cash safely to the shops (and back, if you've got any money left!).
There's no trendier way to spend what you need and save the rest.
18 to 22 Years
Open a Young Saver account today and choose a £15 gift card to suit you, from the large selection at the UK's number one online gift card shop.
What do you fancy: iTunes, pizza, tickets to a music or sporting event, a spot of retail therapy, or maybe an exciting day out?
There's something for everyone, so check out the options at www.thegiftcardcentre.co.uk and let us know your choice.