Clubs, Associations & Corporate
The Holmesdale’s deposit account is available to various organisations such as clubs, associations, churches, solicitors, trusts, sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and public limited companies. The account is operated with a passbook and you can choose the rate and terms that will apply on the account (subject to the required minimums) from our Special Share, Benefit Share or Easy Access accounts. All three accounts offer tiered interest rates, so the more you save the more you earn.
Key Product Information
To open an account we need the following:
- The funds, e.g. a cheque drawn on a UK bank account made payable to your organisation, cash or bank transfer
- A completed Deposit Account Application Form
- A completed FSCS Eligibility questionnaire
- Official documentation in respect of the company/club etc. (refer to the section ‘What We Need’)
- Proof of identify and residency for all signatories/trustees/beneficiaries
In addition to the above, depending on the type of organisation, we will need to ask you to provide us with the following:
Clubs, Societies & Associations
- The Constitution of the Club, Society or Association
- A written authority signed by all officials approving the opening of the account with Holmesdale Building Society
Limited and Public Limited Companies
- Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation/Certificate to Trade
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Resolution of the Board of Directors to open an account with the Holmesdale Building Society and confer authority on those who operate it
- Names of all Directors
- Two forms of ID for each Trustee
- ID for the beneficiaries
- Original or certified copy of the Trust Deed (for certification process, see ǂ note in Preferred Identification list below)
Client Accounts (for Solicitors and Accountants)
- ID of the intermediary
- Regulatory authority registration details
- ID for beneficiaries
- ID for all partners
- Partnership agreement
By law we are required to confirm the name and address of each signatory on the account.
If you are an existing member of the Society, you will not usually have to show further proof of your identity if your details match our records and we can verify your signature.
If you are not already a member of the Society, you will be asked for up to two forms of identification from the Preferred Identification list below. However, for postal applications please forward two items from the list for each signatory to ensure your application is not delayed.
The Society may seek information from one or more credit reference agencies as detailed in the section headed Data Protection of the application form. The results of this electronic check will determine the paper identification requirements that follow.